Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Sunday birthday party resulted in my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and I making a Biggest Loser type bet, to see who can lose the highest percentage of their weight by Thanksgiving. I'm going on a cruise the following week, so it'd be nice to get into swimsuit shape (or at least closer to it). So Monday morning I rode my bike to Weight Watchers and re-joined. I lost 50 lbs. on a program of theirs in 04-05 and as much as I'm opposed to 'dieting' my portions & choices could use a reality check.

Soooo... if anyone's got any favorite light recipes, please post them on the wiki or in comments here!

Last night was chicken and a lot of pan-stir-fried veggies. The veggies were delicious with just some salt and soy sauce. Costco sells a giant bag of frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables.

3 comments:

April R Frost said...

It's past time for a weight loss program for me. I gained 50 pounds when I got my first "baby," but it was a dog, and now he's gone. I'd think this new dog would be helpful on that, as she's very high strung, but on a leash, she is a "wanderer" - she lollygags on and smells everything that she can; like a totally different dog. And she doesn't like to go very far...less than half a mile, and she's dragging, wanting to go home. Mastiffs don't require much activity, but they have so much energy.

April R Frost said...

Oh, I think we have talked about it before, but I highly recommend the Cooking Light http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/ website.

Sarah said...

I second Cooking Light :)