Saturday, September 29, 2007

I got past my 'all I want to eat is pizza' thing and the last few days it's been Mexican food instead. After a 3 hour paper-writing session for another class, I headed for the grocery store and then spent about 1.5 hours in the kitchen. I poached 3 large, bone-in chicken breasts ($2.75 on sale!), and shredded the meat. I made half into a yummy chicken enchilada dip with cream cheese which I'll bring to a party tomorrow afternoon. The other half of the shredded chicken went into chicken/spinach enchiladas for tonight's dinner. I also had some other chicken I'd thawed out before going to the store that needed cooked so that became chicken scampi and was put straight in the fridge for later days. My daughter's been on a kick with turkey bacon so while I was cooking all that, I also baked a pound of bacon to have around all week. She'll eat it cold out of the fridge, as an afterschool snack! I'll post all three of these chicken recipes on the wiki.

Any other parents in the group?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Not a parent, but I've got a cat who is so accustomed to getting a bowl of milk every time I make a White Russian that he gets excited at the sight of Kahlua and vodka.