Saturday, September 15, 2007

Testing, testing! Today is Sat., Sept. 15th.

Does anyone make their own dog food? I'm going to start supplementing my dog's dry dog food diet with some healthy 'real' foods. My sister's been feeding her four large dogs food she prepares them for years. I actually could use more healthy grains, veggies and lean proteins in my own diet, so if I can eventually find some nice concoction to keep a big pot of in the frig, we might share it!

Last night was S.O.'s birthday dinner and he picked TexAZ Grill, a hole-in-the-wall joint he loves, on 16th St. and Bethany Home. Our chicken fried steaks were literally as big as the platters (and then there was another slab under the one!), so we brought home most of our three dinners. That'll be tonights' dinners. And maybe a few more. If I can face the deep-fried wall of meat again, that is.

Tomorrow I'm having about 25 inlaws over (ack) and haven't decided if I'm cooking or ordering out. Maybe I should serve them our leftovers. (kidding!)

2 comments:

April R Frost said...

Don't make my own dog food, but I know people who have.

I hardly make my own food.

mwirtz said...

I had some friends who made their own dog biscuts. The problem was that they tasted so good, my friends ate them all and the dogs hardly got any. Seriously, they ate them like crackers.

They were pretty good.